PAN DE VIDA is a comprehensive program whose objective is to awaken, promote and support the social development of children and adolescents at risk, providing them with a nutritional meal, as well as a platform to awaken their abilities through education and culture, with the purpose of shaping better citizens at the service of God and the community.
Our mission is to serve not only by feeding Venezuelan children in need by providing them with a warmth and nutritive meal everyday, but also, working closely with them and their families to teach them- by means of arts- how to recognize their value to transform their own lives and those of their community.
What we care for
- Feed the hungry: no child should go to bed without a proper meal.
- Educate the unprivileged children by means of arts: Our children learn, by means of arts, to recognize their value to impact their own lives and those of their community.
- Transform violent leadership into virtuous leadership: it is our commitment to model the citizen of tomorrow and contribute to building a better nation.
For every dollar donated to Pan de Vida, 96 cents are invested in the community.
We understand that everything begins and ends with our children. That is why we are committed to keeping administrative expenses at less than 5% of our total overhead, so we can spend your generosity on actual programs that benefit the community.
I am interested in contributing to the following areas:
- Food & Nutrition
- Arts & Culture
- Operating & Administrative Expenses
If we don’t transform the world, who will?
We know that today’s child malnutrition will impact the generations from tomorrow. That is why Pan De Vida is one of the few Non-Profits who gives the extra mile! Our mission is to serve not only by feeding children in need by providing them with a warmth and nutritive meal everyday, but also, working closely with them and their families to teach them- by means of arts- how to recognize their value to transform their own lives and those of their community.
Pan de Vida Kitchens
- Three kitchens located in the poorest neighborhoods of Caracas, Venezuela.
- Feeds +500 children, babies, teenagers, special children and pregnant women everyday.
- Prepares and serves +15,000 meals monthly.
- Incorporates and trains dozens of volunteers.
- Health conditions of the beneficiaries have improved 60 to 70%.
- Around 40% in the most critical cases.
- We are seeing a new generation filled with faith and hope in the midst of uncertainty.
- Throughout more than 6 years of service, we have benefited more than 15,000 people in Venezuela.
Mi Yo Creador
Transforming violent leadership into virtuous leadership by means of the arts
Mi Yo Creador is a safe place filled with creativity and joy where our children:
- Learn- by means of arts- how to recognize their value to transform their own lives and those of their community.
- Develop social, emotional, cognitive and ethical skills in children, as keys to overcome obstacles.
- Discover and improve artistic abilities for their personal and professional growth.
- Encourage positive leadership to channel their lives into innovative, inspiring and uplifting initiatives for their own benefit and their community.
Help us to plant the seed of love and hope in Venezuela
If we don’t make a difference in the world, who will?
- Venezuela is facing the most serious humanitarian crisis in its history: hyperinflation, decline on national production, extreme poverty and shortages of food and medicines.
- About 27 million people (90%) cannot afford the basic food basket.
- It is estimated that 2,500,000 people are only eating garbage.
- The most serious crisis is observed in children who, as a consequence of malnutrition, are suffering from brain malformations, DDI, failure to thrive, unstable immune system, and death.
- No child should ever go to bed hungry!